1. The Roman Blinds we make
We make hand made Roman blinds with the following options.
- Blackout lined
- Blackout interlined
Plus we can
- Add trims
- Add contrast borders
- Make it a cascade blind
We also make double sided roll up blinds (contact us with your ideas)
2. The way we make them
We work on making beautiful, high quality products, not on how quickly or cheaply things can be made.
Here’s why we describe our Roman blinds as beautifully hand made.
- No stitch lines through to the face of the blind. (We hand stab stitch)
- Traditional rod pockets sewn into the lining. (No cheap lining tape)
- Interlined blinds are finished with hand mitred corners.
- Hand stitched brass rings to guide the cords.
- End caps on all the rods and bottom bar to protect the blind from wear.
- We can add a border or trim (contact us with your ideas).
- Our interlined blinds are made the traditional way with a layer of interlining herringbone stitched
in with the fabric, then covered with cotton lining.
- Our blackout blinds are made by sandwiching the blackout lining between the fabric and lining to reduce the number of pinpricks through the blackout when making.
- We take care and consider the placement of the pattern position on the blind.
3. The materials we use
We don't skimp on the quality to try and save a few pennies.
Here are examples of the materials we use and finishing touches we offer as standard.
- Capped rods and Bars
- Highest quality linings**
- Brass rings
- Choice of chain finishes
- Interlining we have found that is the best suited to blinds
- Premium headrails made from a thicker gauge metal, with a quick release chain disc for child safety,(avoiding the need to attach the chain to the wall to comply with child safety regulations)
- We use fabrics that we know the quality of and trust.
*Note all our Roman blinds come with high quality chain mechanisms in a choice of chain finishes. We no longer make and supply traditional covered wooden batten, cleat and acorn blinds as we have not found reliable, robust components that will comply with new EU child safety legislation.
**Note for many years we used 100% cotton sateen lining, more recently there have been significant developments in modern poly/cotton linings with improved weight, drape and technical properties, In our opinion these high quality poly cotton mix linings are now the best you can buy for making blinds.