1. The Curtains we make
We make hand made Curtains with the following options.
- Pencil Pleat heading
- Ruffle heading
- Double Pleat heading
- Triple Pleat heading
- Cartridge Pleat heading
- Goblet Pleat heading
- Lined & interlined
- Blackout lined
- Blackout lined & interlined
2. The way we make them
We work on making beautiful, high quality products, not on how quickly or cheaply things can be made.
Here’s why we describe our Curtains as beautifully hand made.
- Hand stitched hems and sides
- Double 8cm hems on floor length and double 6cm hems on sill length
- Hand made double, triple, goblet, cartridge and pinch pleats (we dont use curtain tape for this)
- Hand mitred corners, hand slip stiched in
- We take care and consider the placement of the pattern position on the curtain.
Plus we can
- Add a border or edge trim.
- Double side a curtain with a single fabric or 2 different fabrics, eg for a door curtain (contact us with your ideas).
3. The materials we use
We don't skimp on the quality to try and save a few pennies.
Here are examples of the materials we use and finishing touches we offer as standard.
- Highest quality linings*
- Specially chosen Interlining we have found is best suited to curtains
- Fabric covered lead weights
- Double pin hooks on heavy curtains
- We use fabrics that we know the quality of and trust
*Note for many years we used 100% cotton sateen lining, more recently there have been significant developments in modern poly/cotton linings with improved weight, drape and technical properties, In our opinion the high quality poly cotton mix linings we now use are the best you can buy for making curtains.